HMD Global has also made its presence felt in Barcelona, on the eve of the Mobile World Congress 2018, by unveiling their new smartphones for the beginning of this year.
As is was anticipated, Nokia 8 Sirocco, indeed, was unveiled and it looks like HMD Global wanted to offer the old Nokia 8 a more refined design and an improved set of specs.
And indeed, the design has been improved, the list of specifications has also been updated. The smartphone does not come with an 18:9 screen as we would have expected (wanted). He did not have time to receive the new Snapdragon 845 processors, but it has 6GB of RAM.
The main camera module has been changed, and the lenses are signed by Zeiss, the screen is larger, it has 5.5 inches, compared to the 5.2-inch display of the Nokia 8 launched in the summer, and has a slightly larger battery.
The Nokia 8 Sirocco will be available in early April, at a recommended global price of 749 euros, excluding taxes and subsidies.
Specifications Nokia 8 Sirocco
– Display – 5.5 inch Quad HD (2560 × 1440 pixels) pOLED, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
– Processor – Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core (4 x 2.36GHz + 4 x 1.9GHz) + GPU Adreno 540
– Memory – 6GB RAM LPPDDR 4X, 128GB USF2.1
– Operating system – Android Oreo
– Main camera – 12MP + 13MP, dual-tone flash, Zeiss lenses
– Front camera – 5MP, flash display
– Battery – 3260mAh, wireless charging
– Other features – WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, Type-C, Fingerprint reader, GPS / AGPS +
– Dimensions – 140.93 x 72.97 x 7.5 mm
– Colors – Black