- Closing customer base at 8,604,569 , out of which mobile base of 8,016,023 at December 31st, 2014
- Mobile ARPU was EUR 6.2 for the 3 months ended December 31st, 2014
- Service revenue reached EUR 166.9 million for the quarter ended December 31st, 2014
- If excluding the impact of the severe decrease of mobile termination rates, service revenue grew by 8.8% in the quarter ended December 31st, 2014 as compared to the same period of last year
- Data usage increased by 76.6% for the quarter ended December 31st, 2014, compared to the same period of last year
Vodafone Romania announces key performance indicators for the quarter ended on December 31st, 2014, as reported today by Vodafone Group Plc.
Vodafone Romania had 8,604,569 customers* at December 31st, 2014, out of which 8,016,023 mobile customers, representing an increase of 97,130 total subscribers, compared to previous quarter.
Vodafone Romania’s Mobile ARPU reached Euro 6.2 over the last 3 months.
Service revenue in the quarter decreased by 5.8% on an organic basis compared to same quarter of last year following a 69% decrease in mobile termination rates, which was effective from April 1st, 2014. Excluding the impact of mobile termination rates decrease, Vodafone Romania’s service revenue grew by 8.8%, as compared to same period of last year, on an organic basis.
At December31st, 2014, mobile postpaid customers represented 42.1%, and prepaid customers 57.9% of the total mobile base. Mobile postpaid base as a percentage of total mobile base increased by 2 percentage points as compared to same period of last year.
Data usage increased by 76.6% for the quarter ended December31st, 2014, compared to the same period of last year.
Smartphone penetration increased by 6 percentage points in the quarter ended December31st, 2014, compared to same period of last year. Smartphone sales increased by 41% compared to the same period of last year and by 29% versus the previous quarter, out of which 4G smartphones sales increased by 78.8%.
“Our focus on mobile data adoption, smartphone penetration and on providing our users the best network experience resulted in a growth in our customer base, during the past quarter. Our extended 4G coverage also brought an increase in the number of 4G customers in the overall base, over the past quarter. Since the launch of Supernet™ 4G, meant to provide our users with the best experience on our network, we’ve seen that the data traffic increased by over 75%, while 4G data usage also continued to grow during the quarter”, said Ravinder Takkar, President and CEO, Vodafone Romania.
*The number of customers includes mobile services users, fixed voice and Internet users and m2m.