The new image search engine Google prepares to make your mobile life easier is based on the every day experience of users. Think of how many pictures you typically have to look through before you find the one you need. Think of how many pages with search results you have to look at. In the redesign of Google Image Search for mobile, available already for iPhone 3.0+ and Android 2.1 devices, the company is focused on making it easy to quickly see as many image thumbnails as possible:
- The thumbnails now will be square to maximize the number of images Google Image Search can get on the screen at one time so you can scan them quickly
- You can swipe to see the next or previous page of results, or tap the large, stationary ‘Next’ and ‘Previous’ page buttons
- The speed is also optimized so that the images appear quickly when you browse
When it comes to viewing the images, now they are as large as possible by introducing a special image viewing page:
- The black background emphasizes the image and the buttons fade after a few seconds so you can just see images with little distraction
- Easily browse through the images by swiping from picture to picture
Check out the video for detailed perspective. You can try the new version of Image Search, just by going to www.google.com on your mobile phone and tap on “Images.” The new experience is available in 38 languages worldwide.