TelekomRomania continues its initiatives to support youngsters with remarkable academic results, by launching the „Telekom Scholarships” program. Thus, 10 students will benefit from a 900 RON / month scholarship, which will be granted throughout their university studies.
„We are happy to launch a new scholarship program, through which we aim to support high-potential youngsters throughout their educational path. We believe that „Telekom Scholarships” program will offer these students the chance to fulfill their potential and develop a successful career in the future. Moreover, this initiative is in line with our company’s strategy to encourage excellence and become the employer of choice for the talented and motivated youngsters who wish to build a meaningful career in telecom. So far, 75 young people have benefited from scholarships, through various similar programs developed by our company and we are eager to meet the beneficiaries of this year edition as well”, said Ruxandra Vodă, Corporate Communication Director Telekom Romania group.
The selection of beneficiaries of the „Telekom Scholarships” program, 2014 edition, will take place starting November 4th until December 12th 2014 and will include two steps: application selection and interview. The first phase, eliminatory, will take place starting November 4th to 28th and will consist in application submission, according to terms and conditions of participation, available on www.burseletelekom.ro. Following the application assessment, 25 candidates will be selected. In the second phase, which will take place on December 8th and 9th, the 25 candidates will be interviewed by a jury, who will select the 10 finalists. They will be announced on December 12th 2014, on www.burseletelekom.ro.
The members of the jury are:
- Cristina Bazavan – journalist and blogger with over 15 years of experience in the media;
- Mihaela Perianu – Founder and Managing Partner at Aims Human Capital, company active for more than 20 years on the Executive Search and Consultancy market and Founder and Managing Partner at Dale Carnegie Training;
- Mihai Popa-Radu – Managing Partner at Seeds for Success, one of the most renowned companies in Executive Coaching and Leadership Skills Development in Romania;
- Sorin Psatta – Integrated Communication Director at Graffiti BBDO Romania and Lector at the Faculty of Journalism and Communication Sciences at the University of Bucharest;
- Anca Păsat – Human Resources Manager, Organization Development Division Romania, Telekom Romania.
Eligible candidates are young people with the maximum age of 25, with very good education records and clear career goals, who graduated from high-school in 2013 or 2014 and were admitted in a state university during the 2014 session. Candidates can send their application files by post or fast courier, no later than November 28th 2014 (the date of mailing), to the address Piaţa Presei Libere 3-5, Cladirea City Gate, Turnul de Nord, etajul 18, Sector 1, Bucharest, in attention to the Corporate Communications Department.
More details about the “Telekom Scholarships” program and terms and conditions of participation are available on www.burseletelekom.ro.
The companies operating under the Telekom Romania brand have been involved in various programs for supporting young people with outstanding academic records since 2002. The latest project, which was developed this summer with European funds, allowed 200 students to participate in internship programs within Telekom Romania Communications.