Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, announced that the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) has awarded the company four prestigious awards in the following categories: European Future Proof TV, European HT System, European Mobile Phoneand European Advanced Compact Systems Camera.
This year’s winning products are the Samsung UE46ES8000 range of televisions, the Samsung HT-E6750W home theatre system, the Samsung GALAXY S III smartphone and the Samsung NX20 camera, respectively, all of which impressed the judging panel with their unique design and innovative features.
“Innovation and excellence are at the core of everything we do at Samsung. To be honored with four EISA Awards across our television, home theatre, mobile and camera portfolios is testament to our commitment,” said SP Kim, President and CEO of Samsung Electronics Europe. “These awards, from such a prestigious panel of judges, reaffirms that the products we create really do touch the lives of our consumers.”
The EISA Awards recognize products that exemplify an impeccable combination of innovative technology, sleek design, desirable features and value for money. The EISA Awards panel of judges comprises editors from 50 consumer electronics magazines across 19 European countries. They highlighted the following reasons for why the winning products were chosen:
EUROPEAN FUTURE PROOF TV 2012-2013 – Samsung UE46ES8090, UE46ES8005 and UE46ES8000 TELEVISIONS
• Smart Content delivers enriching experiences through premium content and greater connectivity
• Smart Interaction functions for intuitive Voice Control, Motion Control and Face Recognition
• Smart Evolution enables you to renew your Smart TV every year.
EISA judges noted that the UE46ES8090, UE46ES8005 and UE46ES8000 televisions ensure that in “an age of fast-changing technical products, customers [can] appreciate always having an up-to-date TV.”
EUROPEAN HT SYSTEM 2012-2013 – Samsung HT-E6750W HT System
• Vacuum tube built-in, glass fiber and phase plug type speaker
• Smart Hub, including full web browsing and signature service
• 7.1-channel system with two tower speakers and four additional speakers.
The EISA judges awarded the HT–E6750W Best in Class not just because it is “bridging the generations between thermionic valves and modern Class D amplification,” but also because the combination of its features and functionalities ensures endless home entertainment enjoyment.
EUROPEAN MOBILE PHONE 2012-2013 – Samsung GALAXY S III Smartphone
• S-Voice responding to what you say
• Smart Stay keeping the screen awake while you’re looking at it
• Direct Call automatically making a call when you lift the phone to your ear
• 4.8″ HD Super AMOLED display and 1.4GHz quad-core processor
• Advanced 8MP camera with Burst Shot of up-to-20 continuous shots.
The combination of intelligent software features and best-in-class hardware is what makes this phone truly designed for humans. EISA judges simply put the GALAXY S III as “a clear EISA winner.”
EUROPEAN ADVANCED COMPACT SYSTEM CAMERA 2012-2013 – Samsung NX20
• A 20.3-million-pixel Samsung-built APS-C format CMOS sensor
• 1/8000sec shutter speed and high speed capturing that give the flexibility to shoot like the pros
• A bright swivel three-inch Super AMOLED screen that allows shooting at any angle
• Wi-Fi capabilities to control, upload and share images wirelessly.
EISA judges felt the NX20 stood out from the competition, particularly because of its innovative, “built-in Wi-Fi that allows the photographer to e-mail stunning images or post them on social media sites directly from the camera.”
For more information about the 2012/ 2013 EISA Awards, visit www.eisa.eu.