Plantronics, an audio pioneer and communications technology leader, today announced the RIG 500 PRO Series of gaming headsets, created to deliver high-fidelity audio in an ultra-lightweight design for the truly competitive gamer.
RIG 500 PRO Series are the first gaming headsets to feature an exoskeleton earcup design with isolated inner acoustic chambers to reduce distortion, creating the ideal audio solution for today’s high-resolution gaming platforms.
Premium 50 mm drivers deliver wide-range frequency response while dual-material ear cushions provide the combination of noise reduction and comfort competitive gamers need for long, focused sessions. In addition, the console editions come with the patent-pending RIG Game Audio Dial, a 3.5mm connector with integrated volume control for wireless game controllers. Console gamers can now adjust volume directly from the controller without lifting their hands. PC models feature an inline volume slider.
RIG 500 PRO Series, available in Console and PC editions, builds upon the lightweight, modular design of the original RIG 500 with performance-boosting features including:
- Premium 50 mm drivers for expanded frequency response
- A removable noise-canceling microphone boom and flip-to-mute feature
- Removable audio cables that can be easily swapped or replaced
- Snap-in ear cushions that come in full fabric for maximum breathability or in dual material that balances comfort with ambient noise reduction
- Isolated acoustic chambers for reduced distortion
- An easy-to-reach RIG Game Audio Dial for fingertip volume control for Xbox One and PS4 models
- An inline volume slider for PC models
- The ability to unlock three-dimensional sound with a prepaid Dolby Atmos for Headphones activation code