HMD Global sent invites a couple of days ago for an event in China and most of rumors suggested that Nokia 7 is going to be unveiled with this occasion. A smartphone that wasn’t mentioned in recent rumors at all and most of them were talking about Nokia 2 and Nokia 9.
But indeed, the smartphone unveiled was Nokia 7, a new mid-range phone with new and improved looks that comes at decent prices for its two variants. HMD Global went for glass panels on the front and back, a redesigned camera module, like the one we’ve seen the latest renders of the yet to be unveiled Nokia 9, metal frame and fairly decent specs which you can check bellow.
Nokia 7 specs
– Android Nougat (Oreo ready)
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 Mobile Platform
– RAM 4 GB LPPDDR4/ 6 GB LPPDDR4
– Storage: 64 GB internal memory with external MicroSD card slot (up to 128 GB support)
– Display 5.2” IPS LCD FHD (1920 x 1080), 2.5 D curved Corning Gorilla, 423 ppi
– Primary camera: 16MP/1.12um/F1.8, Dual tone flash
– Front facing camera: 5MP/1.4um/F2.0/84o FOV
– Connectivity & Sensors: USB Type C, OTG, 3.5mm AV jack, Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer (G-sensor), E-compass, Gyroscope, Fingerprint Sensor, NFC (sharing), Hall sensor, 802.11 a/b/g/n, BT 5, GPS/AGPS+GLONASS+BDS
– 3,000 mAh battery (9V/2A)
– Dimensions: 141.2 x 71.45 x 7.92 mm (camera bump 1.2mm)
Nokia 7 will be available to buy in China from 24 October for ¥2,499 (~€320/$377) with 4 GB of RAM or ¥2,699 (~€346/$407) with 6 GB of RAM. The Nokia 7 is now available to pre-order on JD.com, Suning and Tmall. The phone is coming in black and white.
The company didn’t mentioned anything about other markets yet, but we see no reasons why Nokia 7 won’t be made available in other countries in Asia, Europe or the Americas.