As promised, HMD Global has unveiled, in China, the second generation of Nokia 6, the successor of the first smartphone in the new Nokia era.
The phone got a new look, but the changes aren’t too dramatic. There’s a metal case now on the Nokia 6. The Home button was ditched, so the fingerprint reader was moved at the back. Overall, the phone does look nice.
Specs-wise, the new Nokia 6 look good for in price segment. But more details about the specs you’ll find in the list bellow.
Since we mentioned about the prices, in China the Nokia 6 (2018) has a price tag of 1,499 yuan (~$230/€190) for the 32GB storage version and the 64GB storage version costs 1,699 yuan (~$262/€217). It already available for pre-order and in stores it should arrive on January 10th if everything goes well. unfortunately, at this moment, there are no details about the global launch. Nokia 6 (2018) comes in Black and Silver.
I hope that HMD and Nokia will give us something next week, in Las Vegas, at CES 2018 (9-12 January).
Nokia 6 (2018) specs
– 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
– 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
– 4GB RAM, 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
– Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
– Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
– 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
– 8MP front-facing camera, 1.12 pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 84° wide-angle lens
– Fingerprint sensor
– 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
– Dimensions: 148.8 × 75.8 × 8.15-8.6mm; Weight: 172g
– 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
– 3,000mAh built-in battery with fast charging