LG officially announced the new LG V30S ThinQ and LG V30S + ThinQ smartphones for the South Korean market, confirming the recommended prices and that tomorrow (February 9th) they will be available for sale.
Unfortunately, we do not know exactly when they will become available globally, but the company announced they will be launched in the second quarter (April-June) in Europe and the US. However, one thing is for sure: there are no cheap smartphones!
For the South Korean market, the recommended price for the LG V30S that comes with 128GB storage is 1,048,300 won, which is around 975 dollars or 790 euros. The LG V30S+ model, which comes with 256GB of internal memory, costs 1,097,800 won, that is about $1,020 or around €825.
It is very likely that prices for the European and US markets will be higher.
Differences of specifications between the two versions are given only by storage capacity, the rest are identical.
– Display – 6-inch QHD+ (2880×1440) OLED, 18:9 aspect ratio, Gorilla Glass 5 protection
– Chipset – Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 octa-core CPU and Adreno 540 GPU
– Memory 6GB RAM + 128GB storage (V30S ThinQ) / 6GB RAM + 256GB storage (V30S + ThinQ), slot for up to 2TB microSD cards
– Operating system: Android 8.0 (Oreo) with LG UX 6.0+
– Camera – Back: Dual Camera 16MP + 13MP / Front: 5MP
– Security – Fingerprint reader, Voice Recognition, Face Recognition
– Resistance – Water and dust (IP68 certification), shock resistance (MIL-STD 810G certification)
– Audio – 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC
– Dimensions – 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm; Weight: 158g
– Connectivity – 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0
– Battery – 3,300mAh + Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, wireless charging