New Year’s Eve is one of the most joyful moments, when each one of us is looking forward to new accomplishments, while in the company of dear ones and friends. Sharing the good and optimistic thoughts is the theme of the night between years, so why not do a good deed while texting?
COSMOTE Romania continues, for the 5th year in a row, the Custom of Love campaign, through which it will offer a substantial amount of the SMS revenues raised on first New Year’s Day to non-governmental organizations and charities that provide care and relief to underprivileged and sick children. The raised funds will be awarded to NGOs who will be selected next year, following a set of transparent criteria.
During 2012, the organizations supported by COSMOTE within the program continued their projects and used the given funds for the benefit of the following causes:
- Asociatia Telefonul Copilului’ consultants met with 28,141 children around the country within 4 projects and educated children on the prevention of child traffic and child abuse but also on other subjects of their interest such as sports.
- Asociatia Little People continued its support program for 300 children with cancer from Timisoara and Iasi. 35 volunteers implemented 600 support activities for children in need.
- Fundatia Dezvoltarea Popoarelor is helping 30 children from underprivileged families to stay in school, by involving them in various activities.
- Asociatia Caritas Bucuresti managed to continue the activities in the Day Center for the children with disabilities, hosting 22 children.
- Fundatia Hecuba has started “A chance for a healthy childhood” project, supporting children and mothers in difficult situations.
- Asociatia Autism Baia Mare set up a special Sensorial Room for 50 children suffering from autism and other disabilities.
- Asociatia Sfantul Stelian started the “Overcoming barriers” project, addressed to a number of 120 underprivileged children, both children from poor families, as well as abandoned children.
- Asociatia Renaître Romania developed various activities for the 98 underprivileged children hosted in the daycare center.
Since the Custom of Love program launch in 2008, COSMOTE Romania offered, during the first 4 editions, a total of 185,000 euro to numerous nongovernmental organizations that care for children in need. The “Custom of Love” campaign will be promoted online during December 26th, 2012- January 1st, 2013.
As a responsible and active part of the society, COSMOTE Romania is involving its employees, customers, suppliers and business partners in different initiatives and programs which respond to the Romanian social environment requirements. Amongst the social responsibility programs developed by COSMOTE Romania, there are: “Custom of Love – New Year’s SMS campaign”, the partnership with the Child’s Phone Association, the internal program for protecting the environment “Green Office” and others.